Weight loss tools: WW and Dottie’s weight loss zone

Weight loss tools: WW and Dottie’s weight loss zone

http://www.examiner.com/x-6552-Phoenix-Weight-Loss-Examiner~y2009m4d7-Weight-loss-tools-WW-and-Dotties-weight-loss-zone >view

My love affair with Weight Watchers (WW) began one tentative morning in November 2006, the week before Thanksgiving. Not only was I apprehensive about trying yet another weight loss plan, but I was pretty doubtful that I would enjoy the “group meeting” component. After my warm welcome, initial weight-in and orientation, I was greeted by our leader: a sassy and comedic blonde, dressed as a pilgrim who was handing out her points sheet for all turkey-day foods. It was then I realized that she had just provided me a way to navigate my way through the heaviest eating day of the year, and come out unscathed. In that “light-bulb” moment, all of my hesitations melted away, to reveal a stronger, ready and determined me.

I was very fortunate to have had a leader who was not only brilliant and charismatic, but she was also a registered dietician. I became voracious in my quest for knowledge, as she taught us about certain foods, and their symbiotic relationship with our bodies, how to manage our eating at special events and holidays (Thanksgiving ’06 was actually the first holiday that I lost weight) and about the virtues of Dottie’s Weight Loss Zone; a survival guide in the WW world.

Dottie’s weight loss zone (http://dwlz.com/) is an informative and targeted website, designed to be used as a companion to the WW point system. One of the best facets to this website however, has less to do with points and more to do with restaurant dining options. Dottie has been busy doing all the legwork for us under the “Restaurant” tab of her website, where she has compiled nutritional data for some of your favorite dishes in restaurants across the country and in Canada. Not only has seeing actual numbers for my favorite foods startled me into eating healthier, but the ability to pre-select my food options online has truly helped me to avoid menu pitfalls, and overeating.

Pre-planning your food choices is just another step in laying a solid foundation for your success story to be built upon. Make Dottie’s weight loss zone a cornerstone of your foundation, and you will see the positive changes that will result. Whatever your health goals entail, be well-informed, be safe and be positive.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

dotties weight loss zone 2009